Job Title: Community Marketing Officer
Preferred Start Date: August 1st 2017
Current position is for a dynamic and social media savvy marketing professional
The Community Marketing Officer will administer the University’s marketing and advertising activities. The successful candidate will combine marketing and social media skills to develop brand awareness and reputation, increase social media presence, create and promote brand-focused content, and help expand opportunities for business growth. Will work with management and other team members to administer innovative social media campaigns and optimize marketing performance.
Specific duties include:
• Grow and expand company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increase presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Manage social media accounts.
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (images, video and written). Develop relevant content topics to reach target customers.
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing activities. Manage implementation schedule.
• Promote content through social advertising. Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns.
• Support social media marketing campaigns.
• SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic.
• Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate. Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
• Daily monitoring of social channels. Develop and maintain a KPI dashboard for marketing metrics. Compile reports for management showing results (ROI). Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns to improve future campaigns and results.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Research and monitor activity of competitors.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Possesses knowledge and experience in various forms of marketing, with particular focus on social media marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
•Demonstrates high level of digital literacy. Possesses good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
• Exhibits the ability in both the creative side of marketing and the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
• Maintains excellent English writing and language skills. Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual format. Knows how to engage an audience through social media posts and interactions.
• Is a confident and enthusiastic self-starter, team player, good at time management and relationship building, comfortable addressing diverse audiences.
Please submit your CV, copy of diploma / degree and two references (not related to you by blood or marriage) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.